Invictus Guild Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invictus Guild Site

The new and improved Lemmings..Progression is the key!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlegrounds: Whats up with Alliance?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belshahazahn

Battlegrounds: Whats up with Alliance? Empty
PostSubject: Battlegrounds: Whats up with Alliance?   Battlegrounds: Whats up with Alliance? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 am

Alliance sucks!
you guys are retarded
WE LOOSE!
let them win...
just lose.
You guys suck!
Nobody listens...

Are some of the common lines you hear everytime you enter the Battlegrounds. Have you ever wondered why ally lose most of its BGs? Is it a battle group issue or does Alliance fail in BGs, everywhere? If its a pug group, 90% of the time it will fail. I'm here to try and cite some of the possible reasons why Alliance phail in BG's. Some may be true, some you may disagree on - lets keep this thread an open discussion. I've listed a few based on my observation and speculations.

Intimidation Factor?
There is a reason why SWAT teams wear black. Aside from looking cool, the uniform makes good camoflage during night operations. One of the reason behind it is psychological. Imagine what a criminal would be feeling as he see's men in kevlar, black fatigues, slowly moving to him, coordinated and organized? Now compare an army of cute gnomes and sexy night elves versus a war party of undead and orcs?

Horde = Borg?
Instinctively horde moves to complete an objective, with minimal leadership. This holds true in the battlegroup my horde toon belongs in. Also, horde travel in packs. Horde stops to help a fellow horde in need. I own a bloodelf firemage on a different server and we've (horde pug) beaten alliance premades.

Mental Conditioning?
How many times have we heard how much we suck? If you keep hearing these things over and over, you'll start to believe it ~ sooner or later you become it. I can't tell you how many scrubs I've told to STFU because of all their whining and complaining. We are contented to lose, get a token, and move on to another losing game. I'm done with this way of thinking and I'm sure most of us are sick of it.

A real horde player (a player who've started out horde and stayed horde for a long time) would know if you're an ally player. Our playing style (fighting away from nodes in AB, fighting in the middle of nowhere in wsg, etc) and the things you say gives you away. Once I asked the flag carrier to drop the flag (cause the wsg game was over 30 mins and we were 0 flags to 2), and the bg leader told me to afk out and go back to my ally server. I felt embarassed, and I asked myself why should I? We have here a total random telling me what to do...I stayed, they never gave up and we won. I understand that a 30 min.+ wsg game hurts 'honor per hour', but that experience totally changed the way I pvp. Have we been conditioned to lose?

Alliance Personality Archetypes?
What personality archetypes does alliance attract? Whats the age range? Maturity range? kek. Does Alliance attract more players that prefer PVE more than PVP (not that theres anything wrong with PVE, personally, I like to keep a balance myself.)? Is it a pvp skill issue?

Lack of knowledge?
Things like, how much honor would a Iceblood Tower give us if it burns? How much total honor would an early 5 cap in AB give you when the game ends? Does a flag return in WSG give you extra honor? Knowing the answer to these questions would help us maximize honor gained per hour (HPH) or actually help us win a match. Educate those who don't know and make sure you do it discretely and nicely.

Lack of Leadership?
Self explanatory. Alliance is like sheep. Let them out of the pen and you'll find them grazing aimlessly to be eaten by the wolves. How many times have we asked people to fight near the AB nodes and not on the road? I understand that some of use are more of followers than leaders...if you think you got what it takes to lead, then lead. In my quest to complete my pvp gear (Gladiator set and Vindicator set), I've observed closely why Alliance lose in the Battlegrounds. I've listed down all the possible reasons why and made macros designed to educate and avoid these pitfalls or 'fatal mistakes'. I figured if I lead AV, and we win, everybodys happy, and I get what I want.

Have they moved on?
Since the introduction of the Arenas, it seems like those BG savy people have moved on. PVP guilds are almost non-existent in our server, and if there are some, I haven't seen one that made an impact. Pre BC premades: eight minute WSGs, 5 cap ABs - these were the trademarks of the run.

AFKer / Botting
How do we expect to learn the BG or improve our pvp skeelz if we spend 99% of our pvp career AFKing? AFKing definitely affects a BGs outcome 99% of the time. People get urked, thats 1 AFKer player not contributing to DPS, heals, and objective completion.

Summary:
A renwal of mind and disposition.
Set up BG Macros, it's a vauluable tool to avert fatal mistakes
Know the battleground
Lead if you can. If you help them, you help yourself.
Think about HPH.
Back to top Go down

Battlegrounds: Whats up with Alliance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Invictus Guild Site :: Strategy Discussions (PVP/PVE, Etc...)-
Jump to: