Invictus Guild Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invictus Guild Site

The new and improved Lemmings..Progression is the key!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PVPing with resilience makes you...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belshahazahn

PVPing with resilience makes you... Empty
PostSubject: PVPing with resilience makes you...   PVPing with resilience makes you... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:49 am

...PVP stupid.

Resilience wasn't always around. Before its introduction, there were only pve gear and pvp sets with + to hit, crit and damage. To put it simply, resil ultimately reduces the amount of damage (or effects) that you make take during pvp. This allows you to stay up longer during a grand melee.

It was inconceivable back in the days, for lets say a hunter to stand and shoot at a advancing opponent. Mages made sure they were on top of their CC's and kept their distance. Rogues failing to complete a stun lock chain, could mean death. Resilience made the modern day pvp'er complacent and in a way less creative as compared to 0 resil combatants during the days. I myself have fallen to the trap. While on Akumi (full S1 and Vindi set) I tend to be relaxed and while pvping on Bel (3 pcs of resil gear) I tend to be alert at all times.

I remember fighting this orc hunter in EotS. He seemed to be wearing blues and greens, most of which were probably gotten from questing. He was laying down traps, stunning, the works! ~ slowly chipping off my hitpoints until I was dead. He knows that when I got to him, he would probably be dead in less than 5 secs. What made the difference? He was creative, I wasn't...he was on top of his game and I was complacent.

For those of us who enjoy the Battlegrounds, I give you a challenge: try pvping in pve gear and surely, the need to be creative will enhance your pvp skill.
Back to top Go down

PVPing with resilience makes you...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Invictus Guild Site :: Strategy Discussions (PVP/PVE, Etc...)-
Jump to: